Sunday 10 June 2018

Anime North 2018 Con Report

Late con report is late! But I guess better late than never? I hardly blog anymore (not that I ever blogged very much to begin with!), but these con reports are nice to look back at. Here's the brief summary of my weekend.

Pheleon merch table at the start of the con!



The artist alley this year felt a bit different, and a little slow compared to others years, perhaps because of the size increase (I think there were more CC and CM tables, and definitely many more pro plaza ones!) I only had three weeks to prepare for the con, so I was a little bummed that I didn't have time to make a lot of different things on my list.

A snapshot of my army! They may not be varied, but there are loads of doubles
The final count was 91 plush keychains, 31 chibis, and 4 UFOs. Considering I had to leave for another conference the second weekend of May (for art conservation), I can't beat myself down too much for not completing everything on my list.  I prepared pretty well for Boku no Hero, which I assumed was going to be the most popular this year. However, I underestimated the power of Todoroki who sold super fast, despite making 5 of him!

Some of my BnH keychains. I made many doubles!
This year, I tabled with Careko who was selling t-shirts and tote bags. I was seated next to my long-time buddy Whitefrosty, and since I was at the corner, I was adjacent to my other friend Bahamut Dawn Creations.  We were all a little disappointed with our table location... While it was nice being close to the bathrooms and water station, we kind of had this boring black curtain in front of us. Occasionally, something interesting would appear, like this wild Snorlax, lol!

A wild Snorlax, among the emptiness
It's Anime North after all, so even though our placement didn't have the best traffic, it still got really busy and I sold well. (and having done Crafter's Corner since its inception 10 years ago, I've seen it ALL. I still remember when it was a literal corner with hardly any traffic.)

Day 3. The army has decreased!

Like all years, the best part of my weekend is chatting with friends and customers, old and new!

Gekkan Shoujo! So friggin' good. :D
So creative and hilarious!
Joker with my Joker!
Shiro with my Shiro!
The awesome Zoe as Inuyasha with my Inuyasha!
To summarize, it was a relatively normal Anime North experience. Only difference is that I went to the Nominoichi and I actually bought some stuff in the artist alley this year-- mostly gifts for friends/family.  Oh, and this happened:

-____-

Hope to once again get into the Crafter's Corner next year. Thanks to everyone who dropped by my table!



No comments:

Post a Comment